Rules in Khao Yai National Park (and other National Parks) to be enforced strictly.
Effective immediately all rules will be enforced:
1. Bringing selling or consuming alcohol or drugs
2. Bringing musical instruments
3. Bringing animals or feeding animals (e.g. monkey, deer, elephant etc.)
4. Using noisy vehicles (motorbike, car) (modified mufflers)
5. Exceeding the speed limit of 60 km/h
6. Improper disposal of garbage
All offenders will be prosecuted! According to the National Park Act of 1961 the penalties are:
1000 Baht fine and / or 1 month imprisonment or both!
Be aware that all of the above are criminal offences!
As a result a car used for speeding can be confiscated as a tool to commit a crime.